Through endurance, and through the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, that together we may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:4b-6







Thursday, February 23, 2012

february 20-25 2012

Monday

I'll be happy to admit I give in to food cravings. Especially if it's an avocado. :) Buy them firm, soften a day or two until it just gives a little under your fingers & the rind turns from glossy green to a more dull greenish black. Sprinkled with salt, this little veggie is a buttery delight. Guacamole is on my list of things to make, but the avocados just don't last that long.


Tuesday

Rory(3), Arielle(6), Elle(3),Max(6), Kalli (4), Savannah (3), Carter (8)
Tuesday night we took the Bontrager/Sauder kids to Ghana University's botanical gardens. The small fee we pay to enter is well worth the open spaces to run, trees to climb & a playground. It was a great time. The best part? Ron & Audrey were able to have a date while we were gone. The worst part? What should have been a 35m drive home turned into 2 hrs & 45m in crawling traffic. Their romantic evening & our noisy one did not end the way we had hoped.

Wednesday

Chocolate peanut butter spread on fresh bread (not made by me!) was a tasty snack. The spread turned out to be a really nice alternative to Nutella, which is expensive here (isn't it everywhere;)?). It does feel good to make something with pantry ingredients, have it get thick & creamy & have many beggars for more. Maybe a recipe post should be coming up soon.


Thursday

This quiet street in a small town 6km from the highway is an important place to me. In December I was invited to help with a small clinic located in the building in the center of the picture. It has been a source of fulfillment for me. A kindness my Heavenly Father has given me. I did not deserve to pick up something I had laid down for His glory. I did not seek out a place to be a nurse in Ghana. But He led me to it & has blessed my time there.

How convinced I am of His intimate love for me!

There are many Muslims in this area & many needy believers. I go there with a prayer on my lips to spread the peace of Jesus with each interaction.

(I am being intentionally vague on details. There has been trouble with local health inspectors & I don't want to contribute. I hope show you more sometime. )



Friday

Not a bad start to a Friday. Bought eggs & bread at the gate before 8am & my 6 year-old is making breakfast for the children! Thanks, Max.


Saturday


Thanks to Carter Bontrager & Jonathan Groff having February birthdays, we were able to take the afternoon & evening off at Tesano Sports Club. It was a wonderful time of catching up & relaxing together. Audrey, Juanita & I even managed to escape for awhile in the deep end while the men had their feet in the kiddie pool. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment