Through endurance, and through the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, that together we may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:4b-6







Friday, June 3, 2011

Every Day is Mother's Day

The only mothers it is safe to forget on Mother's Day are the good ones.
(Mignon McLaughlin)
Mother's Day wasn't forgotten here, thanks to cinnamon rolls & sweetness from my husband & little ones. But it was very different. In years past I loved that first reason of the year to buy potted spring flower for our mothers & fill our house (& theirs!) with the scent of spring.

An email seems a cold replacement & the events of the day made phone calls difficult. So, I blogged this the next week. Little did I know May would be a month of not feeling well for all of us & my post was forgotten.
So, better late than never, here it is. :)


Nanny is known for her love in action. She has rearranged her schedule many, many times for her grandchildren. Instead of relaxing on vacations at the cabin, she is known for things like making doughnuts (with all 6 grandkids elbow deep in the dough!!), making playdough & taking them up on (almost) every request for mac & cheese. She even allowed Max to pedal the toy tractor the whole way to the neighbor's house while she managed the stroller. And how many laps has she made in the basement while the the children ride bikes?


Max, Rory & Elle send you hugs & kisses! We miss you ever so much.

Grandma's house has always been the place to go. Supper requests are never refused. Max just said to me yesterday he wishes he could walk in Grandma's front door. And if he asked for noodles for supper, Grandma would make them. From pink flower headbands to super hero capes, marvels are unwrapped that started in her sewing room. And now that we are far, far from Grandma's house, a super special book of memories, even the play farm!!, is here with us.

Our mothers have provided tears to show their deep love & care of us, prayers to show their love for Christ & listening ears to show the love of Christ in action. 30 years ago they were beginning a journey of raising a boy, raising a girl. The years have shown us the steadfast, covering, protective, emotionally involved love that can only come from a heart belonging to Jesus Christ.


We cannot thank you enough. We just show you the last year of our life, shout thank you for your part in our survival, & know the evidence speaks for itself. You both are a part of the reason for our being here





Tucked into a little bed at Clearfield, Elle is enjoying storytime with Nanny.



This tiny little one is Elle at about 1 month old. It was a hot summer picnic & Grandma enjoyed sharing her lawn chair with the newest Sauder.







Mommy-ing little girls is full of suprises to me. She & I find ways to get the boys to take care of cockroaches, use lotion when the boys aren't looking (it's for ladies, Mom), & save the pink gum for the girls. Like me, she actually cares what color her sandals are & always gets excited for a party. And, if I'm honest, we share the feminine emotional responses too!





My boys love me too, I know. It's just different.






Happy Mother's Day! After all, isn't every day Mother's Day?! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww.. I can totally relate to wishing for mom while serving overseas. There were many times just talking to mom was enough to make the confusing things of life seem so much clearer. Talking reminded me of who I was and where I came from, but it's not the same as seeing them face to face.
    I love hearing about the connection between you and Elle. I hope to have the connection someday when I am blessed with a daughter.
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw... embracingbeauty is Angie Kauffman. :) Just thought I would clarify that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a beautiful post! The pictures at the end are so sweet. Elle looks less like a baby and more like a little girl :]

    ReplyDelete