Through endurance, and through the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, that together we may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:4b-6







Monday, June 20, 2011

June 14-19

Here is a look at what our week usually looks like. It is more enjoyable to me to post the new & exciting. However, just like your life, most days are just plain down predictable. Setting & characters aside, I know these glimpses look just like Pennsylvania summer with a few palm trees painted on the background. :)

Oh, Popsicles. This lovely little recipe of jello, yogurt & bananas pleases all of us. The boys begged to hold it for the picture to show their Nanny & their Grandma just how much they love popsicles.


Adrian & Elle are good kitchen companions. He is patient enough to actually let her help, she is determined enough to usually do a pretty good job. I'm wondering how many years it'll be til I can count on her to make the cookies. Hmm, guess I have to teach her to read first. ;0 ) Those big, soft peanut butter cookies were delicious!

This is our favorite spot to read. And no matter who I reading to, Max either joins us or gets his own time. He can even read easy words with me & is quite proud of that. Though we are far from saying Max can read, we can say he is getting closer & is excited to take off on his own. I love to tell him stories about going to the Bookmobile at the Mastersonville Fire Co., & taking trips to the Lancaster Library. He loves that Grandma even let us read while eating meals at the table! Wherever we go, if there's a kids bookshelf, he finds it. Who says this boy is more Sauder than Greiner?!


And here we are training a young brain to focus. Hah. That pencil is even distraction when it needs to be.

Elle & Rory are sad when I let them play & don't call them to the table for school. Getting out every crayon, sticker, paper & sticker & then hijacking them to hidden spots for coloring & stickering anything but the paper, is such fun to them. ;)


Oliver came to play on Saturday with his younger sister Akus, & baby brother Obed. It was such fun to see Max & Oliver loading up & , in the picture, backing the wagons into the barn.





Now that round two with Malaria is almost over for me, I am happy to show off what got me through. Ghana Tylenol, chalky yellow malaria potion &,sigh, a novel. I had borrowed it from the Baptist Mission a few weeks ago & had been saving it. Greiners, you understand. Finding Mr. Francis in Ghana felt pretty cool. :) Little did I know how handy it would be. Distraction from a long list of symptoms is always a good thing. Ask my husband.

It's taken a few days for my thoughts to line up in order, & my stomach, head & bones to follow suit. Today I am just grateful to feel better. And I think my little family is happy to have their mommy back. Just ask my husband. ;)


2 comments:

  1. wow! loved the glimpse into your life...
    sorry you had Malaria. sounds pretty awful. hope you are all done with that now. have the children been healthy? missing you guys at Bible School this week. think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it through malaria. I never had it when I live there, but Todd had it often enough and bad enough for the both of us.
    Your kiddos are getting so big! I think the short haircuts also make the boys look older. :)
    Have a marvelous day!
    ~Angie Kauffman

    ReplyDelete